How to Apply
Applying for a Louisville Institute grant or fellowship is a process that requests thoughtful planning and proposal development. The Louisville …
Applying for a Louisville Institute grant or fellowship is a process that requests thoughtful planning and proposal development. The Louisville Institute website is a great resource in the process. LI staff is glad to answer any questions you have along the way. Contact us if we can help.
While each grant and fellowship has its own specific requirements, here are some helpful tips to the application process:
- Carefully review the requirements for your specific grant or fellowship. Many programs have additional applications guides posted to help you craft the most competitive proposal possible and answer most common questions.
Current Grant & Fellowship Opportunities:
- Reach out to a colleague for a peer critique of your project before applying. This feedback is incredibly useful for shaping your proposal.
- LI is glad to provide brief feedback to help you determine if your grant project idea fits our funding criteria. See each grant application page for details on how to submit a feedback request.
- Letter of recommendation writing is an art; carefully recruit colleagues who are especially skilled in crafting letters that make a compelling case for you and your project.
- Gather all of your materials to begin the online application. Documents should be in *.pdf form and are uploaded as directed. You do NOT have to complete your application in one setting, but it is helpful to have everything ready first.
- Ready to apply? Create an account or sign into your existing account (make sure to update your contact information!). If you encounter any technical issues, contact Keri Liechty.
- All applications materials must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on the application due date. No changes or additional applications will be accepted after that time.
- Applications are processed by Louisville Institute staff after the application deadline. If your application is incomplete, we will follow up with you. We will email you confirmation when your application is complete.
- Notification of funding status (accepted, declined, etc.) is typically made via email 2-3 months after the application deadline.
- Need additional help? Contact us!